Chef de Partie
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chef de Partie
£12.50 per hour + extensive benefits + circa £3k service charge
Why work for us?
Interested in advancing your career in hospitality? Looking for an inspiring Highland adventure where you can develop your professional skills as part of an award-winning, collaborative, and supportive team? It is our warm welcome, both for our guests, and equally for new members of
the team, that we are most proud of. We have a fabulous and happy team, all of whom share our philosophy and passion.
So, if you have the right mix of experience, ambition and dedication, along with a good sense of fun and an appetite for the beautiful Scottish wilderness, then we want you on our team!
Who we are
Highland Coast Hotels are a collection of unique hotels located along the North Coast 500 with our people at the very heart of what we do. Spirit, warmth, authenticity, that’s what we look for. We encourage curiosity, energy, passion and fun. Creating experiences that exhilarate and enlighten
our guests as we showcase the very best in Highland Hospitality. It’s important to us that we nurture and develop our people to be the very best they can be. Training and career opportunities are on offer along with fabulous work locations, great rates of pay, flexible hours and lots of other lovely
Find out more at www.highlandcoasthotels.com
Working at Plockton Inn
Often referred to as the ‘Jewel of the Highlands’, Plockton Inn is our homely hotel near Skye. Located in Lochalsh, in the quaint bay side village of Plockton, our hotel is a home away from home for those looking to explore the stunning northwest Scottish Highlands and nearby Hebridean islands. The picturesque village offers breathtaking landscapes and scenery, thriving marine sea life, secluded bays, castles, beaches and more.
The hotel offers accommodation of 21 bedrooms across the main hotel and annexe, some of which have spectacular sea views looking towards Duncraig Castle, and our Seafood Restaurant serves our delicious Scottish menu made with freshly caught seafood and other local produce to
our many guests and visitors.
Your working day can be very busy especially during the summer months but a great work/life balance is encouraged, and with the great outdoors at your feet, there a number of activities to enjoy during your downtime. The Skye bridge being only a 10 minute drive away offering access
to many more beautiful Scottish locations to explore.
What we can offer you
- For this fantastic role we are offering £12.50 per hour. You can also earn up to £3k per annum in gratuities which we pay out monthly.
- 28 days annual leave per annum plus and additional day off to celebrate your birthday, we are big on celebrating YOU!
- Flexibility – full time and part time opportunities are available for this role
- Ongoing training programme and support for your Personal Development Plan
- Opportunities to train across different departments and gain recognised qualifications
- We have a lovely staff uniform – practical but stylish. On your first day you will also receive your new-starter Goodie Bag to welcome you to the team.
- Delicious free staff meals when you are working on shift. We offer healthy options but some nice treats too!
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme
- Discount for you and your friends & family on accommodation, food and beverages
- We have FREE live-in accommodation available, suited to individuals or couples. Rooms include TV and Wi-Fi, as well as fortnightly grocery shop with a click and collect service
- Travel allowance for you to reach us when you start your contract, and one return visit
home per season paid for by us (UK ONLY).
- Where available, shared use of hotel bikes, golf clubs and paddle boards (or discounted
rates with our experience partners)
- Starfish Rewards & Recognition programme that celebrates all the wonderful little things we do each day
- Cycle to work scheme and receive up to 42% off a new bike and accessories
- If you wear glasses and use a screen at work, we will support with a contribution towards a new pair
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme for confidential support and advice for you and your family
- Seasonal staff parties and local social events
- ‘Family dinners’ where we come together as a team to relax and enjoy good company and great food
To assist the Head Chef in all aspects of planning, organising and communicating within all kitchen departments. You’ll manage day-to-day needs in a busy environment, including shift briefings, stock control and monitoring costs and wastage. Working with senior chefs, you’ll also ensure legal compliance.
What we need from you
- Experience in a similar role, or ready to move up to CDP level
- Self disciplined, organised and effective communicator
- Intermediate Food Hygiene level qualification (REHIS or similar)
- An understanding of HACCP and City and Guilds 706/1 and 706/2.